Monday, June 15, 2009

Landscaping project

I know that Russ said he would post this, but since I took the pictures (and have a bit more time than he does), I decided to do the posting. (Some of the pictures were shot before the mulch was added, plus I added a picture of my little garden of tomatoes and peppers.) :)

We had two sugar maples delivered (and planted) for us. It will be awhile before they do us any good, but they're pretty in the meantime. We had absolutely no plants in the back of the house, so you will see that we now have quite a few!! I dug all the holes for the plants (except for the two trees), so I sure got my exercise! We then did a lot of digging to prepare for mulch, and then myself, Russ, and Kyle did the mulching. I also got three planters (one for the window of the deck wall and the two whiskey barrel planters for either side of the bench) and put some annuals in those. I then moved the old bench up from its obscure location to the area you see in the pictures. I think it definitely looks better in our backyard now. Note that the flowers in the window box are "orange crush and white" - GO VOLS!!!







































































1 comment:

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

Looks good. Can't wait to see it next month ;-)