Saturday, November 13, 2010

2010 Run for Dem Biscuits!

Several of us got up early today and had a little spirited car rally down to Augusta, KY which is a little over an hour away (SE of Cincy towards Maysville, KY) in order to have brunch at the Parkview Country Inn (http://www.parkviewcountryinn.com).

The weather was perfect; started off around 45 and went to 76 but with very low humidity and a nice, light breeze.   The buffet breakfast was extremely good and offered PLENTY to eat.   I'm sure this is the last run of 2010 so I'm glad we were able to go today and that Teresa was able to go with me since a few of the other wives went as well and everyone had a great time getting to know each other.  In fact, the weather has been so wonderful all week, it's a shame to see it go but at least I was able to play nine holes of golf yesterday with some of my friends too.

After brunch and having lots of fun talking about cars, kids, etc., we decided to split up for our drive home so everyone could stay in the quaint little town, or take off if they needed to get back.   So, three of us (all of the red cars) decided to take the ferry across the Ohio River although I have some minor trouble getting on the ferry since my car rides so incredibly low to the ground.   I couldn't get off on the Ohio side of the river until the ferry push itself closer to the shore and was able to lift the gate higher so I didn't have such a drop off to the ground.  





No comments: