Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8, 2011

WOW!!  What an absolutely wonderful day; well beyond all my expectations!   The weather was supposed to be rotten (rain and thunderstorms all day), my entire body was hurting from all of the packing & purging of stuff from our house not to mention carrying so many books and other heavy items from the basement to our garage and then at the last minute (to a showing of our house) to Travis' basement!!  I WANT TO GO BACK TO WORK!!  Teresa's killing me!  :-)

Anyway, I went to play the Vineyard Golf Course with three other P&G friends this morning and the rain held off completely and we had a blast and I even managed to play "decent" golf and was competitive which made my day.   Then I picked up Teresa and headed down to the Levee on the Ohio River for lunch at the Fish Market.  I'm not a huge fan of fish in general but they make a killer ginger salmon that's to die for (at least to me).  I couldn't believe it when the sun came out and while not on the menu, they agreed to make it for me!   Unfortunately Teresa's lunch came out "cold" (had to wait for my special order) and when the waiter heard her say something he went to the manager on his own to get it fixed.   Teresa got her entire meal again (which we took most of it home), they took the cost off the bill, gave me a signed birthday card from the entire staff, a free appetizer coupon (up to $11), and then gave me a chocolate brownie with ice cream and chocolate syrup on it which was awesome.  Then the next thing I know, Teresa has one too (her own desert).   They are just super the way they treated us.   Then Travis called as we were paying the bill to invite us to Graeters for ice cream.   Off we went but were entirely too full to eat anymore food (even Graeters).  But the manager told me I was entitled to a free scope of ice cream and to come back later to get it.!!   Ha Ha  I wish everyday was like this.  

The house showing went very well but so did the other one and nothing came of it but we are hopeful.   Our house is #1 on this list as well but we won't know anything until mid-week.   Here are a few pictures from lunch to enjoy.   I really enjoyed talking to Justin and Kyleigh last night and Landon and Leah today.   I'm anxious to see Kyle and Erin at Travis' house tomorrow night for a little birthday bash.  Should be a lot of fun.



Love ya.   Oh yeah, I forgot.   Landon said Happy Birthday Papaw; how old are you?  When I told him he paused for a moment and then said, "You're ancient!!"   Great for the self esteem.   LOL   Then at Graeter's he told me I was 70!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Glad you had a super day. It was pretty amazing !! Love you too.

Justin, Jessica, Kyleigh & Mason said...

Glad it has been a memorable day! We love you...even if you are 'ancient.' Kudos to Landon :-)