Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Storm Aftermath

Well I have to say that I am very impressed with Anderson Township where I live.  But before I continue, a HUGE thanks to Alex Wakefield (dear friend from Church) for just showing up at my house while I was on a multitude of business conference calls today and proceeded to start cutting up the tree into smaller pieces for me!! I definitely owe you lunch buddy.  What a surprise when I finally left the house at 1:10p for lunch to see him already there with a borrowed chain saw.  So I grabbed my gloves and proceeded to help.






But while we were cutting... and hauling the wood over to the side of my driveway (and me trying to figure out what to do with ALL of it) an Anderson Township truck came by.  The guy drove by and circled back (cul-de-sac) so I decided to flag him down and see if I could get "lucky".  I definitely did because once I asked him if he could offer any help at all, he proceeded to call his boss who gave him the OK to call in the rest of his buddies (the ones who ran the giant chipper) and then they made short work of the huge mess. They even used leaf blowers, rakes and shovels to clean up the rest of the debris; both in my yard and on the street.  BIG THANKS; it's sure nice to SEE our tax dollars at work and everyone's effort was greatly appreciated.  I truly feel blessed.

No comments: